Four Months Left
Writing college essays was not a big stressor for me because once I decided I would finally start writing them, I gave myself deadlines for each essay and submitted them with ease. I think that is also the reason I liked the midterm project deadlines. They stopped me from waiting until the last minute, they split the work up into manageable chunks, and the final submission did not feel like a big important date because 90% of it was already written in the rough draft submission.
What I discovered in the first semester was that to achieve goals you have to put in the work. I didn’t meet my goodreads goal for 2022 because I didn’t allot my time to reading. I pushed it off in favor of other things… like taking naps or the occasional sports event. Those things helped my mental health don’t get me wrong, but if I truly wanted to reach my goal I would have spent more time forcing myself to sit with a book. Discipline is a big thing I am still teaching myself.
Not having that reading time made reading for school a little more challenging in the first semester because some of the fun was taken out of the stories. I constantly had to be analyzing and thinking about if these things would be on the reading checks. Despite that, I did enjoy the things we read in school because I can now say I have read more Shakespeare and will understand literary jokes in tv shows and movies.
My goal in English for the second semester is to read more in my free time. My goal for the last semester of high school is to spend as much time as I can with friends and at school events. I will only ever be in this K-12 education for four more months and I plan to make the most out of the time I have left. Another goal is to make a decision on my after high school plans and get that stressful decision out of the way as soon as possible. So, cheers to the next four months. I hope we can make these memorable and not filled with too many academic memories of studying on Friday nights.
Comments
Post a Comment